8/15/2007

... that's jes' how 'dis weezer rolls

... well, at least it's how i rolled back into town. quietly, discretely, and although jack caught my tail, most of you remained unaware.. bwa ha hah ahahaaaa! yesh, i'm evil. i said it, but you all still put up with me, so there.

i'm going to post some random pics-o-goodness (purchased a new 10.3 megapixel Nikon D40x Digital SLR camera) from my trip across the country... and really, that's about it. while i do tend to post some personal stuff on this site - well - this trip was for me and me alone. i had some wondrous times driving 26+ hours straight, and while i would've liked to stop more along the way, i had a brain flush that was much needed. i'm sure as hell not cured yet, but i saved myself from having a meltdown at the office and in my personal life. flight instincts can't be all bad when they protect those you care about around you.

i thought a lot, reflected a lot, yelled a lot, wondered a lot, planned a lot, even cried a lot... and oh yesh, drove a helluva lot too. overall, the trip was very cleansing... i snapped some shots too, that you all may enjoy from misc. places around the country. i drove through WA, ID, MO, ND, SD, IA, IL, WI, MI and finally had to return. (work demands and other stuff) i may write more about my journey, but as beforementioned - it was for me and personal - so.... thanks to those who've welcomed me back.

i missed you all terribly. here's some pics for you to enjoy. click to view larger.
(first pic is a collage of some really sharp butterfly pics i was able to capture, and 4th picture has a mystery FROGGIE in it, can you find it?)


10 comments:

Crystal said...

you are a great photographer!!!

LOVE the butterflies!

Vixen said...

Gawd...you caught some amazing shots.

*beautiful*

Jack K. said...

Great shots.

More later.

"K" Fingerett said...

Yay! I love the butterflys!!!

::hugs::


~K

Jack K. said...

You might want to go to the slide site as another way to show off our photos.

Now, I want to know how you were able to take any pictures driving for 26 hours at a time?

tehee

Adrianne said...

Road trips are great for clearing the mind and soul. Glad your back. Great pictures.

shannon said...

welcome home my dear friend!!! i'm so glad you had a chance to do everything you needed. you are an amazing person and so worth the wait!!! hugs to you...keep checking my blog for house news (i'm waiting to post anything until...oh hell, keep checking).

Georgia said...

Oh WOW! You got some really incredible shots. I hope you were able to get all that you needed from your road trip... *sigh* I need a road trip myself!

~Georgia

Jack K. said...

BTW, found the frog the first time through, but was too preoccupied to comment. Cute little rascal. Didn't he abide in your previous garden?

The photos are wonderful. They are worth looking at again and again.

Technical questions:

How do you get them side by side like that?

How do you control the size?

Could you have put a third one in at the bottom of the stack?

Will the same commands work for reducing photos for the banner?

I have tried to put pictures as part of my banner just like Hale. But they take up too much space. I haven't figured out how to control the size yet. Help!!

Glad you are back. Looking forward to FCR returning.

Anonymous said...

Great pics - found the froggie - w00h00!